Let's talk about it
The simplest way of solving a problem is to talk to someone about it. If you are unhappy about something to do with a product or service, we'd like to hear about it.
Our staff are trained to efficiently and courteously deal with all types of problems. So don't hesitate to speak to our staff if something is troubling you. We'd like to know about anything which affects the relationship you have with us.
Who do you complain to?
The first place you should take any complaint is to a member of our staff. If at all possible, the problem will be resolved immediately. However, if our staff member is unable to assist, please speak to a supervisor or manager. Our supervisor or manager will try to resolve the matter by the next business day.
You may also make a complaint by sending us an email or by giving us a call.
How long will it take?
Frequently, complaints are simple cases of confusion or misunderstanding which can be sorted out to everybody's satisfaction very quickly.
However, not all complaints can be dealt with quickly. Our supervisor or manager will advise you if he or she is unable to resolve your complaint by the next business day. Our aim is to have your complaint resolved within 21 days, although in more complex cases (eg a complaint about a card transaction overseas) we may need up to 45 days. If this happens we will write to you advising of this.
How will you notify me of the outcome?
We will phone or write to you notifying you of the outcome. If this is not in your favour we will write to you telling you:
- The reasons for the decision
- About the evidence we relied on in reaching our decision
- About the consequences of the decision for you
- About what further action you can take
What further options do you have?
Horizon Bank supports the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). AFCA provides an external and impartial procedure for resolving disputes between financial service providers and their customers. AFCA is a free service.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you have the option to escalate your concerns to AFCA. AFCA can be contacted via:
Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call within Australia)
Mail: Australian Financial Complaints Authority
GPO Box 3
Melbourne, VIC 3001
Other things you should be aware of
You should be aware of the following things about our internal dispute resolution procedure:
- You are not obliged to pursue a dispute with us using our internal dispute resolution procedure. If you do use our internal dispute resolution, you may commence legal proceedings against us before, after or at the same time as using our internal dispute resolution procedure.
- Our participation in the internal dispute resolution procedure is not a waiver of any rights we may have under the law, or under any contract between Horizon Bank and yourself. An example of such a contract may be a loan contract, a mortgage, a guarantee, the terms and conditions of a Visa card.
This in itself is not a contract between Horizon Bank and yourself, and it is not enforceable against us.