It's important to be mindful of your banking choices and ensure that they align with your personal values.
Banks can provide both great convenience and peace of mind, but it's important to do your research before signing up. Whatever route you choose, be sure to take the time to understand what makes the bank tick - so you can feel good about where your money is going.
Here are a few tips on how to make sure you're banking with integrity.
Figure out what's important to you
- When it comes to your money, it's important to align your values with your banking.
- Find a bank that shares your commitment to things like social responsibility, environmental sustainability and ethical business practices.
- There are a number of ways to figure out what's important to you.
- Start by thinking about the causes and issues that you care about most.
- Then, research banks and credit unions that have policies and programs in place that support your values.
- Consider the day-to-day convenience of things like online and mobile banking, ATMs, and customer service when making your decision.
By taking the time to align your values with your banking, you can ensure that your money is working for you – and for the world.
What to look for in a bank
Personal banking is more than just a place to keep your money – it’s a personal relationship that should align with your values. The same goes for business banking. When you’re looking for a bank, here are some things to consider to make sure your values are aligned:
- Does the bank have a personal relationship with its customers?
This is important for both personal and business banking. You want to be able to trust your bank and feel like you’re more than just a number.
- Does the bank support local community, businesses and causes?
If you value supporting your community and local businesses, you’ll want to make sure your bank does too.
- What are the bank’s environmental policies?
If you care about reducing your carbon footprint, you may want to choose a bank that offsets its carbon emissions or invests in renewable energy.
- What are the bank’s social responsibility policies?
If you want to make sure your money is going towards making the world a better place, look for a bank that donates to charitable causes or has a focus on social responsibility.
Find a bank that aligns with your values
When it comes to banking, there is no one-size-fits-all solution. The best bank for you will depend on your unique financial needs and goals. By doing your research and taking the time to find a bank that aligns with your values, you can ensure that your money is being used in a way that supports your beliefs. Here are a few tips to help you find a banking institution that matches your world view:
- Do your research - Start by identifying which banking values are most important to you.
- Ask around - Talk to your friends, family, and colleagues to see if they have any recommendations.
- Read reviews - Once you've narrowed down your options, read online reviews to get a sense of what other customers think about the banks you're considering.
The benefits of banking with a values-aligned institution
There are many benefits to banking with a values-aligned institution. When you bank with an institution that shares your values, you can be confident that your money is being used in ways that align with your beliefs. This gives you a greater sense of control over your finances and helps you to support causes that are important to you. This can make banking feel more personal and supportive, rather than just transactional.
If you are looking for a bank that shares your personal values, Horizon Bank may be the perfect fit. Check out our Values and see if they resonate with you. We offer a variety of products and services to meet your needs, as well as a commitment to community involvement.
Contact our local team today to learn more about how we can help you achieve your financial goals.